miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012

Adults 2 (Monday and Wednesday 10-11.30)

Exercises on Conditionals:


Type I or II
 
Complete the Conditional Sentences. Decide whether to use Type I or II.
  1. If they go to Washington, they(see) the White House.
  2. If she(have) a hamster, she would call him Fred.
  3. If he gave her a sweet, she(stop) crying.
  4. If he(arrive) later, he will take a taxi.
  5. We would understand him if he(speak) slowly.
  6. Andy(cook) dinner if we buy the food.
  7. I will prepare breakfast if I(wake up) early.
  8. If they shared a room, they(fight) all day long.
  9. If you hate walking in the mountains, you(enjoy / not) the tour.
  10. Janet would go jogging if she(have / not) to do her homework.

Conditional Sentence Type I

Complete the Conditional Sentences Type I.
  • If you(wash) the dishes, I(cook) dinner tonight.
  • If my dad(have) time next week, we(paint) my room.
  • You(learn) a lot about American history if you(visit) the exhibition.
  • If the weather(be / not) too bad tomorrow, we(play) golf.
  • We(get / not) there on time if we(catch / not) the bus.

Complete the Conditional Sentences (Type I) by putting the verbs into the correct form.
  1. If you(send) this letter now, she(receive) it tomorrow.
  2. If I(do) this test, I(improve) my English.
  3. If I(find) your ring, I(give) it back to you.
  4. Peggy(go) shopping if she(have) time in the afternoon.
  5. Simon(go) to London next week if he(get) a cheap flight.
  6. If her boyfriend(phone / not) today, she(leave) him.
  7. If they(study / not) harder, they(pass / not) the exam.
  8. If it(rain) tomorrow, I(have to / not) water the plants.
  9. You(be able/ not) to sleep if you(watch) this scary film.
  10. Susan(can / move / not) into the new house if it(be / not) ready on time.  

Conditional Sentence Type II

Complete the Conditional Sentences Type II.
  • If I(have) more time, I(learn) to play the guitar.
  • If she(study) harder, she(get) better marks.
  • If we(know) more about history, we(be / not) afraid of the test.
  • I(go) jogging with Tom and Sue if they (be) here this week.
  • It(surprise) me if she(help / not) you.

Complete the Conditional Sentences (Type II) by putting the verbs into the correct form.
  1. If we(have) a yacht, we(sail) the seven seas.
  2. If he(have) more time, he(learn) karate.
  3. If they(tell) their father, he(be) very angry.
  4. She(spend) a year in the USA if it(be) easier to get a green card.
  5. If I(live) on a lonely island, I(run) around naked all day.
  6. We(help) you if we(know) how.
  7. My brother(buy) a sports car if he(have) the money.
  8. If I(feel) better, I(go) to the cinema with you.
  9. If you(go) by bike more often, you(be / not) so flabby.
  10. She(not / talk) to you if she(be) mad at you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario